For the third year, Cellerant Consulting Group is pleased to announce the Cellerant Best of Class Hygiene Award winners. The Best of Class program was created by Dr. Lou Shuman in 2009 to recognize innovative products that set the standard for quality in dentistry. Covered by every major dental journal in North America, the award has been acknowledged as the most prestigious and coveted award a dental manufacturer can receive.
In 2021, Dr. Shuman expanded the program’s footprint into the dental hygiene space by incorporating his prestigious hygiene panel and awarding winners whose products represented innovative technologies, materials, and other solutions designed to help provide enhanced clinical outcomes, improved clinician ergonomics, and optimized hygiene treatment.
You might also want to read: Announcing the 2022 Cellerant Best of Class Hygiene Award winners
Eight panelists who are renowned dental hygiene thought leaders and educators exhaustively search for practice-changing technologies that define and differentiate companies from their competitors. The Cellerant Best of Class Hygiene panel members include:
- Lou Shuman, DMD, CAGS—CEO of Cellerant Consulting Group, dentistry’s leading corporate accelerator and incubator; 2021 Denobi Pinnacle Achievement winners; selected by 2021 Global Summits Institute World’s Top 100 Doctors
- Melissa Turner, BASDH, RDHEP, EFDA—Chief hygiene officer and director of social media strategy for Cellerant; RDH editorial advisory board member; cofounder of National Mobile & Teledentistry Conference, The Denobi Awards, I,Woman; founder of I Heart Dentistry Network
- Pamela Maragliano-Muniz, DMD, RDH, FACP—Chief development officer for Cellerant; editor-in-chief for Dental Economics; associate clinical professor at Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- Kristin Goodfellow, BA, RDH—Clinical director of OraCare; 2013 recipient of Proctor & Gamble’s Excellence in Patient Communication Award; published in Dental Products Report and RDH; certified in hygiene mastery
- Brooke Crouch, RDH—Professional educator; advisory board member for American Mobile & Teledentistry Alliance, Virginia Health Catalyst and Child Health Investment Partnership; national speaker and author; former faculty member
- Nancy Miller, BA, RDH—Founder of UltraConcepts; clinical advisor at Jameson Management; former adjunct faculty and clinical instructor at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
- Sarah Crow, RDH—President of Massachusetts Dental Hygienists’ Association; 2021 recipient of Massachusetts Dental Society Hygienist of the Year; recipient of Middlesex Community College Member of the Year
- Rachel Wall RDH, BS—Founder and CEO of Inspired Hygiene; international speaker, coach, author; former faculty at University of North Carolina; past recipient of the Dental Excellence Award by Dr. Bicuspid; Named one of the Top 25 Women in Dentistry by Dental Products Report
- Valerie Dangler RDH, BSDH—CEO of ValDent Solutions; international speaker and trainer, past recipient Hu-Friedy Golden Scaler Award; corporate and practice growth consultant; technology integration and product specialist
This award is unbiased and nonprofit, and the designation is awarded after a rigorous and uncompromising selection process that takes place in February. To keep the voting fair and impartial, panel members divulge any consulting relationships and are not allowed to vote in that specific category. The spirited debate that follows results in a range of products, including some that are part of every dental hygienist’s toolkit to emerging products not yet on the market. Winners are first announced to the public in early summer via a feature in RDH.
This year, a 15-year tradition continues at RDH Under One Roof as winners will be highlighted at the event in Nashville, Tennessee, on July 20–22. Come interact with the winners and panel members on the exhibit floor and have the chance to indulge in Dr. Shuman’s famous gourmet cupcakes! Cellerant Consulting Group is also a proud sponsor RDH Under One Roof.
On behalf of Cellerant Consulting Group and the selection panel, please join us in congratulating the official 2023 Cellerant Best of Class Hygiene Award winners!
Editor's note: This article appeared in the July 2023 print edition of RDH magazine. Dental hygienists in North America are eligible for a complimentary print subscription. Sign up here.