In the ever-evolving landscape of dental technology, Paradise Dental Technologies (PDT) stands as a beacon of innovation and excellence. From its humble beginnings in a two-car garage to becoming the fastest-growing dental instrument company worldwide, PDT has consistently demonstrated a commitment to advancing dental care through cutting-edge products with a passion for continuous improvement.
And with its sponsorship of the RDH Student Research Poster Awards, PDT also reaffirms its commitment to innovation and ergonomics and also demonstrates a genuine investment in the future leaders of dentistry.
The company’s journey began with a vision fueled by over 30 years of experience in the dental industry. PDT founder Linda Miller was driven by a desire to bring fresh and improved products to clinicians and brought her vision to light with an unwavering commitment to innovation, exploring new technologies, and dental instrument design. The focus has resulted in a company that thrives on addressing ongoing challenges.
What also sets PDT apart is its dedication to the importance of listening to practitioners' observations, ideas, and suggestions. This open and collaborative approach has fueled growth and given birth to some of the most carefully designed and hand-crafted dental instruments available in the market.
PDT’s commitment to the profession has led to a strong focus on supporting the future of dentistry through its sponsorship of RDH Student Research Poster Awards, a program designed to recognize the contributions of senior dental hygiene students and their presentations of current research projects.
As part of this recognition program, PDT commits:
- to invest in the next generation of dental professionals, recognizing the importance of research and academic contributions while actively encouraging and promoting the development of young minds in the field of dental hygiene.
- to highlight the company’s commitment to fostering a culture of research and development within the dental community by encouraging students to showcase their research projects, table clinics, and capstone projects.
- to understand the significance of promoting research that enhances the efficiency of dental procedures. The Student Research Poster Awards provides a platform for students to explore and present ideas that contribute to the ergonomic aspects of dental care.
- to create valuable opportunities for collaboration and networking between students, seasoned professionals, and industry leaders. Students can connect with established practitioners, share ideas, and gain insights that will shape their future careers.
- to enforce the company's belief in the importance of lifelong learning, supporting students in their pursuit of knowledge and research.
Paradise Dental Technologies and RDH opened submissions on January 1, 2024, for the third RDH Student Research Poster Awards. The awards recognize the contributions of senior dental hygiene students and their presentations of current research projects (including table clinics and capstone projects). Awards will be presented for two categories: Original Research, and Informational Posters. All submissions will be virtual recorded presentations with a submission deadline of April 30, 2024. RDH will announce the recipients of the awards on May 23, 2024.