- "Beta-Blocker Therapy for Hyperthyroidism" American Family Physician, Jan. 1993, vol. 47: 246-249.
- Franklin, Jayne A., "The Management of Hyperthyroidism," The New England Journal of Medicine, June 16, 1994, vol. 330: 1731-1737.
- Hart, Gwen, and Carol Ann Lammon. "Recognizing Thyroid Crisis," Nursing, April 1993, vol. 23: 33.
- Hay, Ian D. and Margaret S. Houston. "Practical Management of Hyperthyroidism," American Family Physician, March 1990, vol. 41: 909-916.
- Meek, Joseph C. and Patrick G. Wolf. "Practical Approach to the Treatment of Hypothyroidism." American Family Physician, Feb. 1992, vol. 45: 722-730.
- Olin, Bernie R. ed. Drug Facts and Comparisons St. Louis: A Wolters Kluwer Company. 1995: 132-134b.
- Toft, Anthony D., "Thyroxine Therapy," The New England Journal of Medicine, July 21, 1991 vol. 331: 174-179.
Miller, Chris, Infection Control column
- Miller, C.H. Microbes in Dental Unit Water. California Dental Association Journal [CDA Journal] 24[No. 1]: 47-52, 1996).
- Williams, J.F. et al: J Amer Dent Assoc 124:59-65, 1993
- Martin, M.V.: Br. Dent J 163:152-154, 1987.
- Atlas, R.M. et al: Appl Environ Microbiol 61: 1208-1213, 1995
- Fotos, P.G. et al: J Dent Res 64:1382-1385, 1985
Strassler, Howard, article on halitosis, page 30
- McDowell JD and Kassebaum DK. Diagnosing and treating halitosis. Journal of the American Dental Association, 124:55-64, 1993.
- Kutcher M. Halitosis: diagnosis and treatment. California Institute of Continuing Education. 39:3-12, 1994.
- Rosenberg M and McCulloch CAG. Measurement of oral malodor: current methods and future prospects. Journal of Periodontology. 63:776-782, 1992.
- Yaegaki K and Sanada K. Biochemical and clinical factors influencing oral malodor in periodontal patients. Journal of Periodontology. 63:783-789, 1992.
- Preti G , Clark L, et al. Non-oral etiologies of oral malodor and altered chemosensation. Journal of Periodon-tology. 63:790-796, 1992.
- Rosenberg M. Kozlovsky A, et al. Self-estimation of oral malodor. Journal of Dental Research. 74:1577-1582, 1995.
- Ciuffreda L, Boylan R, et al. An in-vivo comparison of antimicrobial activities of four commercial mouthwashes. Journal of Clinical Dentistry, 1994.
Wolfe, Frances, article on returning to work, page 16.
- Determinants for Leaving Dental Hygiene Practice and Factors Influencing Consideration for Re-entry, ADHA, 1989.
- Extension Study: Retention of Dental Hygienists in the Workforce: Final Report. ADHA, April 1992.