Advanced Implant Technologies introduces Proxi-Floss, a disposable interproximal cleaning appliance designed for periodontal, implant, and orthodontic applications.
- The Proxi-Floss is molded in one piece from a soft, flexible, and strong elastomeric polymer, and the product combines many useful features of floss, interproximal brush, and rubber tip.
- The appliance is designed with a long leader for ease of insertion and a loop handle for secure gripping. The Proxi-Floss contours around implant abutments, bridgework, and orthodontic brackets and wires.
- The cleaning action is produced by hundreds of lightly stippled, split, semi-circular flanges that are only 0.1 mm thick at the edge. The flanges remove and retain debris when moved back and forth between the teeth.
- Proxi-Floss is designed to reach into concavities and irregularities in tooth structure or prostheses, and the one-piece, non-porous product cannot snag, fray, or shred.
- The product can also be used for precise application of chemotherapeutic agents such as chlorhexidine gluconate 0.12 percent in interproximal embrasures.
- For more information, contact Advanced Implant Technologies, Inc., 8920 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 316, Beverly Hills, CA 90211; (800) 876-4620.