Micro Motors Inc. introduces the Micro SWP Sterile Water Pump that supplies sterile water to the procedure site, eliminating patient exposure to water-line pathogens and municipal water contaminants.
- The pump can also administer medicaments or mouthwash.
- The SWP connector attaches between the handpiece and existing handpiece tubing coupler, bypassing the regular water supply. Water flow is activated by the existing foot control, and the flow rate is adjustable.
- An external peristaltic pump prevents fluid retraction and protects against patient cross-contamination. Only the fluid-delivery tubing and tubing connector need to be autoclaved.
- The unit interfaces with 4-hole and 5-hole (fiberoptic) connectors.
- For more information, contact Micro Motors, 151 E. Columbine Ave., Santa Ana, CA 92707; (800) 587-1013.