Atrix Laboratories, Inc. introduces Atrisorb, a bioabsorbable barrier for guided tissue regeneration. The compact kit eliminates the need for an extensive inventory of GTR barrier sizes.
- The sterile Atrisorb barrier kit, stored in the refrigerator, includes a foil-pouched dose pack with 0.5 grams of Atrisorb polymer formulation, a pouched tray containing a barrier-forming case, and three 0.9 percent sodium chloride solution units. The forming case contains two porous pads, two spacers, and a trimming grid.
- Atrisorb requires a two-step procedure for creating tissue regeneration barriers of precise sizes and shapes.
- The barriers promote healing after periodontal surgery to correct the tissue destruction caused by periodontitis.
- The barriers are placed over the root surfaces of a surgically exposed area surrounding a tooth and acts to isolate the healing periodontium from the epithelial and gingival connective tissues.
- For more information, contact Atrix Laboratories, 2579 Midpoint Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80525; (800) 972-8749.