Hope Pharmaceuticals an-nounced obtaining the ADA Seal of Acceptance for Sal-Tropine, which aids in reducing salivation during dental procedures. The medication helps maintain a temporary dry field during bonding, cementation, impression-taking, and periodontal operations.
- Sal-Tropine reduces saliva flow within 60 minutes after ingestion and persists for four to six hours.
- The medication reduces the need to continually dry surfaces and remove pooled saliva.
- The recommended dose for an adult is one tablet taken on an empty stomach an hour prior to the dental procedure. Dosing guidelines are available for children.
- Sal-Tropine is contraindicated in patients with glaucoma, asthma, or adhesions (synechiae) between the iris and the lens of the eye.
- For more information, contact Hope Pharmaceu-ticals, 2961 W. MacArthur Blvd. #130, Santa Ana, CA 92704; (800) 755-9595.