RDH Under One Roof opens up July 17-19 at Caesars Palace
To learn more about RDH Under One Roof, click here
Attendees of past RDH Under One Roof conferences in Las Vegas, which all had been hosted at the Rio Hotel, may well have had a room on the east side of the hotel. The east side of the Rio offers a rather nice view of the Las Vegas Strip. The view, of course, is dominated by Caesars Palace in the foreground — right across Interstate 15 from the Rio.
Perhaps you longed for a room at Caesars?
RDH Under One Roof returns to Las Vegas this summer (July 17-19), but the dental hygiene conference does indeed move across the highway to Caesars Palace this year.
So if that longing is there, the links for the forms for room reservations and registration for RDH Under One Roof can be found on the home page of www.rdhunderoneroof.com. (While you’re at the website, take a moment to view photos and videos of the 2012 conference at the Rio, as well as how to stay connected to the meeting via social media. You will not want to miss the contests and other specials hosted on the website.)
The center of attention at Caesars Palace unquestionably focuses on its casino, much like the Rio, or most Las Vegas resorts for that matter. But where the Rio is somewhat bawdy with its Mardi Gras theme (Voodoo Lounge, the Chippendales, etc.), Caesars is a little more upscale with its tone. Its resident performers include Shania Twain, Rod Stewart, Jerry Seinfeld, and Celine Dion. The “Roman” fountains mark passageways to dining and relaxation options more befitting of the traditional style associated with Las Vegas elegance, greatly influenced with its connection with the hotel’s next door neighbor, the Bellagio.
For a week in July, those passageways will be filled with dental hygienists from all over the United States, networking and attending courses at the 2013 RDH Under One Roof. Some key days and times to keep in mind include (the list below was created in early December 2012, so it’s important to continue checking www.rdhunderoneroof.com for updates, particularly in regard to the conference’s “hands-on” workshops) RDH
RDH Under One Roof conferences at the Rio Hotel involved a “hike” to the convention center. Escalators offer quick access to conventions at Caesars.
The meeting rooms at Caesars Palace will serve as the home for RDH Under One roof in July.
While the Rio is a stand-alone resort, Caesars is on the Strip, offering easy access to neighboring resorts.
Tuesday, July 16
- An orientation get together from 5:30 pm to 6:30 pm in Milano 1
Wednesday, July 17
- Registration is open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. in the Promenade Hallway
- The American Academy of Dental Hygiene will host its annual meeting from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in Milano I
- Kristine Hodsdon, RDH, will present a course titled, “Create a Career You Love: Regain your Connection with Passion and Purpose,” from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in Milano
- Kristy Menage Bernie, RDH, will present a course titled, “Beyond Straight Teeth: The Periodontic/Orthodontic Connection,” from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in Milano III
- Ann-Marie DePalma, RDH, will present a course titled, “Dental Hygiene Implant Certification Program, from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Milano II
- Betsy Reynolds, RDH, will present a course titled, “Mugs and Drugs: A Look at Today’s Counterculture Trends and Their Impact on Oral Health,” from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Milano II
- Winnie Furnari, RDH, will present a course titled, “Managing Diabetes with Pharmacists, Podiatrists, Optometrists, and Dental Professionals,” from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in Milano III
- Tricia Osuna, RDH, will present her annual products presentation from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Milano VI. The seminar offers tips on what to look for at the RDH Under One Roof exhibit hall
- Kris Dowling, RDH, will present a seminar titled, “Connecting the Dot between Oral Health & Nutrition: A Holistic Approach,” from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in Milano I
- The RDH Under One Roof exhibit hall is open from 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m in the Octavius Ballroom. The conference’s welcome reception at the same location will start at 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, July 18
- Karyn Buxman, a former nurse turned humorist, delivers the keynote address, “Amazed & Amused,” from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in Augustus III & IV
- The RDH Under One Roof exhibit hall is open from 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. in the Octavius Ballroom
- Dr. Loius DePaola and Ann Spolarich, RDH, present a course titled, “Evidence-based Dentistry: Improving Clinical Decision Making,” from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Milano I
- Stacy McCauley, RDH, presents a course titled, “The Perfect Handoff: Stellar Co-Diagnosis and Enrollment,” from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Milano II
- Maria Perno Goldie, RDH, presents a seminar titled, “The Skinny on Eating Disorders: Food for Thought, Hope, and Healing,” from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Milano I
- Dianne Glasscoe Watterson, RDH, presents a seminar titled, “Assisted Hygiene: Model of Efficiency, Productivity, and Fun,” from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Milano II
- Lynn Mortilla, RDH, presents a course titled, “Implant Maintenance: Practical Procedures & Protocols for Success,” from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Milano III
- In the exhibit hall, a networking reception will be hosted from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Friday, July 19
- Anne Guignon, RDH, presents a seminar titled, “What does biofilm have to do with chronic disease, persistent wounds and recurrent infections?” from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in Milano I
- Cathy Seckman, RDH, presents a course titled, “Paying to Play: Teen Risk Behavior and Lifelong Consequences,” from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. in Milano II
- Terri Tilliss, RDH, presents a seminar titled, “The Challenge of Behavior Change,” from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Milano I
- Catherine Draper, RDH, and Eva Grayzel present a course titled, “Compassionate, Comprehensive Care for Patients with Cancer,” from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. in Milano II
- The RDH exhibit hall will be open from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The farewell reception for this year’s conference will be hosted from 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Augustus V RDH