Ketac™ Nano Light-Curing Glass Ionomer Restorative from 3M ESPE — the first-ever nano-ionomer — is now available in the Quick Mix Capsule, offering considerable time savings over all competitive glass ionomer products currently on the market. The Quick Mix Capsule is a new, unit-dose dispenser that offers faster use and easier handling, and no mixing device is needed to prepare the material. Additionally, Ketac Nano delivers greater wear resistance, esthetics and polish compared to market leading glass ionomers. For more information, visit www.3MESPE.com/KetacNano.
- Select appropriate shade.
- Apply Ketac primer, leave on prep for 15 seconds.
- Air dry primer for 10 seconds.
- Light cure primer for 10 seconds.
- Flip open capsule to 180 degrees, so tip is completely in line with capsule body.
- Capsule should not be reclosed once opened.
- Seat capsule into applier.
- Dispense material slowly.
- Dispense a small amount of material from mix tip prior to entering the mouth for application.
- Dispense material into prep in 2-millimeter increments or less. Tip must remain in the fully open position when dispensing.
- Wetting the instrument with primer aids in adapting material. The working time in the mouth is 2 minutes, 30 seconds.
- Perform a 20-second light cure.
- If additional application is desired from the same capsule, apply to prep within 1 minute and 30 seconds of previous placement.
- Finish and polish the restoration.