Technique Guide: 3M ESPE's Ketac Nano in the Quick Mix Capsule
Ketac™ Nano Light-Curing Glass Ionomer Restorative from 3M ESPE — the first-ever nano-ionomer — is now available in the Quick Mix Capsule, offering considerable time savings over all competitive glass ionomer products currently on the market.
- Select appropriate shade.
- Apply Ketac primer, leave on prep for 15 seconds.
- Air dry primer for 10 seconds.
- Light cure primer for 10 seconds.
- Flip open capsule to 180 degrees, so tip is completely in line with capsule body.
- Capsule should not be reclosed once opened.
- Seat capsule into applier.
- Dispense material slowly.
- Dispense a small amount of material from mix tip prior to entering the mouth for application.
- Dispense material into prep in 2-millimeter increments or less. Tip must remain in the fully open position when dispensing.
- Wetting the instrument with primer aids in adapting material. The working time in the mouth is 2 minutes, 30 seconds.
- Perform a 20-second light cure.
- If additional application is desired from the same capsule, apply to prep within 1 minute and 30 seconds of previous placement.
- Finish and polish the restoration.