Steri-Shield Products introduces a transparent and elastic cure-light barrier.
- The product serves as an infection control barrier and as a protective cover for the cure-light guide against the adhesion of composites to the light-emitting tip.
- A new polymer allows the user to obtain full cure-light transmission through an elastic barrier. Blue light transmission in the 400 to 520 nm range is 99 percent.
- Each barrier is pre-rolled for an easy roll-on and roll-off application. The elastic qualities eliminate the need for tape, rubber bands or other types of securing media typically used with plastic film barriers.
- The barrier has no seams or sealed ridges, reducing patient discomfort and eliminating unwanted sliding of the barrier due to contact between the ridge and mouth.
- For more information, contact Steri-Shield Products, 1801 State St. #D, Santa Barbara, CA 93101; (800) 699-7220.