Student with DWI

June 24, 2005
Additional information provided after Michigan student writes about DUI experience.

Additional information for "Student with DWI" (see Unique Perspective, April 2005)

Dear Future Hygienist:

Michigan has a program for health professionals who have problems with alcohol or drugs. It is called the Health Professional Recovery Program. I am including a link to the website.

Students who have had a DUI will be referred to the program for assessment. Ray Garza is the Manager of Administrative Services at the Bureau of Health Professions. He can answer questions ... 517-335-3294, or visit I recently had him speak to the graduating students at Kalamazoo Valley Community College's dental hygiene program.

Theresa Hollowell