Colgate Oral Pharmaceuticals expands its "Bright Smiles, Bright Futures" (BS,BF) program to include a comprehensive professional guide for dental practitioners interested in building both in-office and school or community-based oral health education initiatives for children.
- BS,BF kits are available with the professional guide in two versions for first graders (age six) and third graders (age eight).
- Colgate launched the BS,BF initiative in 1991. The company`s goal is to expand the program`s reach to 100 million children in 70 countries by the year 2000. BS,BF stresses the importance of oral care to children.
- BS,BF materials were originally designed as turnkey kits to encourage daycare workers, pre-school teachers, and elementary school teachers to include oral health education in their curriculum. The new package for the dental community includes a professional guide that is written for the oral care professional.
- The guide provides dental practitioners with practical instructions for class curriculum, presentation suggestions, and expansion ideas.
- The BS,BF for six-year-olds also includes a "My Smile and Me" books, "Adventures of Wiggly Tooth" videotape, an audio cassette, a "Path to a Bright Smile" wall poster, parent take-homes, and the orginal teacher`s guide.
- The BS,BF for eight-year-olds also includes "So Who`s Dr. Rabbit?" storybook, a "Year of Bright Smiles" calendar, a "Find Your Way to a Bright Smile" maze poster, take-home brush charts, puzzle books, and the original teacher`s guide.
- Both kits and individual components are available to dental professionals. Contact Colgate, (800) 226-5428.