The Cellerant Best of Class Hygiene Awards is an annual program aimed at recognizing the most innovative and effective products, services, and technologies in the dental hygiene industry. 2024 will introduce year four of this prestigious award, and we’d like to help you get to know the why behind the program, the panel of judges, and how to get involved. Here are five things that you need to know about the 2024 awards program!
1. The awards are presented by Cellerant Consulting Group, the leader in bringing new technologies from around the world to dentistry. Cellerant provides strategic insights to dental manufacturers, distributors, and service providers.
2. The awards process is rigorous, transparent, unbiased, and nonprofit. It initially began in 2009 as the Cellerant Best of Class Technology Awards by Cellerant founder, Dr. Lou Shuman. In 2021, Dr. Shuman expanded the program and initiated the hygiene component to recognize the significance of the dental hygiene industry.
3. The award is considered the gold standard in the dental industry. It has been acknowledged as the most coveted award a dental manufacturer can receive, honoring the stand-out technologies and products that go above and beyond to improve patient care and the dental industry as a whole.
4. The winners are selected by a panel of industry experts who, through the course of the year, conduct research on potentially practice-changing technologies. The selection panel then comes together and spends many hours in close discussion and deliberating which technologies stand head and shoulders above the rest. Panel members include Cellerant’s Chief Hygiene Officer Melissa Turner, BASDH, RDHEP, EFDA; Brooke Crouch, RDH; Pamela Maragliano-Muniz, DMD, BSDH; Kristin Goodfellow, BA, RDH; Nancy Miller, BA, RDH; Sarah Crow, RDH; Rachel Wall, BS, RDH; and Valerie Dangler, BSDH, RDH.
5. Each year, winning products are showcased at RDH Under One Roof, receive press coverage, and are awarded a purple art glass trophy at the awards ceremony. Attendees have the chance to experience the Best of Class technologies on the exhibit floor as well as meeting the selection panel and learning why the winners were selected.
Nominations for the 2024 awards open on January 1, 2024, and companies are encouraged to submit their most innovative and effective products for consideration at Cellerant Consulting.